Career Explorer Workshop offered on Friday, April 15.

ACC’s Career and Transfer Center will host a Career Explorer Workshop on Friday, April 15, from 9:00 a.m – 1:00 p.m., allowing for even the busiest of schedules to make room for this great opportunity.

The Career Explorer Workshop will offer students information on various career options and how to research available careers. Students will also be encouraged to take this information and create an action plan toward a career or educational path.

Students seeking the benefits of this workshop have to pay a $15 material fee, Alumni are also welcomed to participate for a $45 material fee. This material fee will cover the two career assessment tests being offered at the workshop.

Students who wish to attend need to register through ACC’s online career management system, ACC Career Connect. Pre-assessment will also be taken during this registration process. Those who are not comfortable with ACC Career Connect interface, can register at the Career and Transfer Center.

One of the assessment tests that will be given at the workshop is the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI). While not necessarily a test, the closest thing to compare this assessment to, is a personality test. The MBTI helps individuals learn about their own personality type, in order to help them correctly identify a favorable career path.

The MBTI gives the participant an understanding on where they focus their attention, how they take in information, how they make decisions with that information, and how they deal with the world around them.

The second of the two assessments is known as the Strong Interest Inventory. This is a commonly used career assessment test, that calculates the participant’s interests based on their responses. The goal of this test is for the student to gain a better understanding of where their interests lie. With this information, the student will be better suited to make decisions regarding, education and career choices.

For more information about this event, please contact the Career and Transfer Center at [email protected] or call 303-797-5805.