Sustainability Club has increasing success

ACC’s Clothing Swap, held on March 24th, is just a portion of all that the Sustainability Club does. Every semester, the Clothing Swap gets bigger, this semester’s Swap was more successful than ever before. The most recent event consisted of 6 tables and 2 hanging racks.

“We received hundreds of donations,” said Lori Tigner, Sustainability Club advisor. The donations weren’t just college student type clothing. There were donations ranging from nice clothes, such as business attire for interviews, to t-shirts and even kids clothing. If someone was looking for it, they probably found it.

The neat part of the Clothing Swap is that all the leftovers (which were about a quarter of the donations this time) are sent to the Veteran’s Club. The Veteran’s Club then donates the clothing to a veteran’s hospital. In doing so, the Sustainability Club is able to reach many people that need new clothing attire.

Although the Sustainability Club is currently not having any more meetings this semester, they do still work on the community gardens. They also encourage students to join them this fall, when the meetings begin again. The mission of the Sustainability Club is “to promote and educate people about sustainability,” said Tigner.