The Arapahoe Pinnacle

Filed under Community, News

Arapahoe Pinnacle’s New Editor in Chief: Bryden Smith

Editor-In-Chief Bryden Smith reading a Star Wars book in the ACC library. Image via Emily Langenberg.

Presenting the new editor in chief of The Arapahoe Pinnacle for the spring of 2018: Bryden Smith. Smith has been writing for the Pinnacle, Arapahoe Community College’s online publication, since the spring of 2017, as a staff member. With Smith at the helm, the crew of the Pinnacle is excited about the adventures ahead. 

There are a few things that take up Smith’s time including movies, reading The Atlantic magazine, his girlfriend of two years, Miranda Clifford, his job at Panera Bread and The Arapahoe Pinnacle. Once a week he watches a new movie that comes to theatres, and he will often write a review on it for the Pinnacle. Smith also writes about culture, abstract topics and even some personal pieces such as his article “Anxiety in Color.”

Smith’s favorite part of the Pinnacle is that reporters are able to write about topics that interest them. The number of reporters on staff has grown. In the fall of 2017, there were five reporters. This semester there are nine reporters writing for the Pinnacle.

Smith states he is “most excited to read all the writing from the new reporters because just hanging out with them in journalism club has been so amazing.” He expects that their distinct personalities will come through in their work. Smith also talked about the thrill of seeing a writer bring work to the Pinnacle that they truly care about and that connects with their audience.

Being that Smith is a journalism major and has written for the Pinnacle over a year now, he has seen progress in the publication. But, that doesn’t mean he stops there, no–Smith has major plans for the publication. Some of which are already underway, involving a new design for the publication, with the help of Managing Editor Emily Langenberg.

Smith believes that the Pinnacle is a platform for young writers who wish to pursue a career in journalism. As this will be his last semester at ACC and the publication, he hopes to “leave it better than I found it.” His leadership will undoubtedly shine through each article published in the Pinnacle. 

1 Comment

One Response to “Arapahoe Pinnacle’s New Editor in Chief: Bryden Smith”

1. Lauran Hamm on February 13th, 2018 10:07 am

Hey Bryden, hopefully your last semester is just as enjoyable as it will be busy. Serena, great profiling and writing!

[Reply]

Please share your thoughts. Remember to be respectful. We do not allow solicitation for products in our comment sections and those comments will be removed.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Arapahoe Pinnacle’s New Editor in Chief: Bryden Smith

Community

Food is uncertain, so is help

Community

Student Government is in Session

Community

Criminal Justice: The Honorary Place

Community

Firearm Discharged Near ACC

Community

Vote For Our Lives, A Day to Remember

Community

Euflora Hosts Successful 4/20 Festival in Denver

Community

The Arapahoe Pinnacle wins Best Independent Online Student Publication from SPJ

Community

Drunk Goggle Mario Kart: Drunk and Distracted Driving Prevention at ACC

Community

The Game of Thrones–At ACC

Community

The Fallible Nature of Journalists