MGD student showcase ‘Emerge’ to begin April 28

ACC’s Colorado Gallery of the Arts will be hosting an opening reception on April 28, for its newest student showcase titled “Emerge.” The reception will last from 5 – 7 p.m., on Thursday evening, and will include light refreshments.

“Emerge” is a showcase for Multimedia, Graphic Design and Illustration students to display their talents. The art showcase will include several pieces from students’ work over the last semester, illuminating their newly improved upon skills.

The exhibition, which opens on April 28, will be available for viewing during the gallery’s business hours until Friday, May 6. The show is free and open to the public, and is simply for viewing pleasure. Pieces will not be for sale or judged on for a competition.

“Emerge” is a collective experience, combining several different areas of art in order to show what can be achieved at ACC. The purpose is two-fold: to allow current MGD and illustration students the ability to see their work hung and presented in a professional manner, and also allowing those interested in pursuing an artistic career the ability to see what ACC has to offer.

“This collective is to prove we are a wave of emerging talented graphic designers that are ready to rock your boat,” writes the MGD department.

“Emerge” will be hosted at the Colorado Gallery of the Arts, which is located at ACC’s Littleton Campus in the Annex Building, A1300.  Colorado Gallery of the Arts is open Monday through Friday, from noon to 5 p.m., except on Tuesday when the gallery is open until 7 p.m. The Colorado Gallery of the Arts is closed on the weekends.