New restaurants conveniently located near ACC Castle Rock

If you have ever had a class at the ACC campus in Castle Rock, you were probably dismayed by the nearby lunch prospects. Until recently, there was a glaring lack of “good” choices for lunch–unless you prefer to get your food from a drive-thru or a gas station, that is.

Castle Rock has been expanding rather quickly in the area around the ACC campus. The corner of Founder’s Parkway and Factory Shops Boulevard is home to a cluster of brand new eateries that all boast fast service and delicious food. The four restaurants are entirely new to the Castle Rock area, a change to the typical culinary fanfare is a nice addition to the town.

This is great news for ACC Castle Rock students and faculty alike! Regardless of if you’re a meat eater or a salad fanatic, there is something here that will appeal to anyone’s tastes.

20160216175611Jersey Mike’s Subs is what you would expect from a sub shop: cold cuts, hot and cold subs, wraps and chips. Jersey Mike’s has a slight variation to the typical sub sizes, offering three different sizes rather than the half/whole you see in other places. They offer a 5” long, 7” regular and 14” giant sub sandwich. They take online orders which frees up more time for relaxing between classes.

Mod Pizza is a fun new take on the specialty pizza restaurant. Taking personal pizzas to a whole new level, Mod pizzas are fully customizable and built to your specifications. Their website menu assures you may “add or subtract any ingredients you like, it’s always the same price.” This is one restaurant that is guaranteed to please the entire group.

20160216175556Smash Burger is just as the name suggests–a burger place–but, they also serve chicken sandwiches and salads. If you’re in the mood for a cold drink, you can order a milkshake or malt. Taking advantage of the online ordering system is always a good choice if you only have a short time between classes. If your classes have ended for the day, stop in to check out their selection of local beer.

20160216175811Mad Greens is a fun and quirky restaurant that serves gourmet fresh-made salads, paninis and wraps. They also have a juice bar where fresh ingredients are made into healthy drinks when you order. Their salads are worth driving over for, trust me. Salad names such as “Mad Molly Brown,” “Edgar Allan Poe” and “Dionysos” are fitting for such unique and interesting menu items. Mad Greens does offer online ordering, which is always a bonus when you’re on a time crunch.

So, there you have it, four great reasons to plan a lunch date in between classes at the ACC Castle Rock campus.