ACC alum Kenny Reemts is one of many happy ACC transfer students

Humans of ACC is a series of Q&A presentations about students, faculty and staff.

Today’s focus is on Kenny Reemts, ACC alumna of the Medical Laboratory Technician program.

Arapahoe Pinnacle: How did your experiences at Arapahoe Community College prepare you for your transfer to Metro?
Kenny Reemts: Arapahoe Community College helped better prepare me for higher level educational courses offered at Metro, which continues to benefit me to this day.

AP: Have there been any big differences in the resources you were provided at ACC to the ones you now receive at Metro?
KR: The resources provided at both campuses are more than adequate for the average student.  The campus that Metro has is far larger than ACC, but many of the resources have the same exact end result helping students succeed. The only downside to Metro is that parking is expensive, easily costing $6 every time you park on campus.  I miss the affordable parking offered by ACC, that is for sure.

AP: What were the reasons you chose Metro and what program are you interested in in pursuing? Is it different than what you pursued at ACC?
KR: I was originally enrolled at ACC in the Medical Laboratory Technician program, but the field had a fairly narrow job market once I graduated.  I am now an accounting major at Metro and really enjoy taking business classes on the beautiful Auraria Campus in Denver.

AP: What are your hobbies outside of class work?
KR: I have been an avid photographer for over a decade now and enjoy taking landscape photos in the gorgeous Rocky Mountains.