Transfer Club helps students get from here to there

Transferring to a university can be a daunting experience for any student, and the ACC Transfer Club is ready to help ease the confusion of the transition with programs and individual attention when needed.

The best way to learn about transferring to a four-year institution is by joining and participating in the ACC Transfer Club and taking advantage of the resources the club provides to simplify the transfer process. This can include trips to universities across Colorado.

Teresa Taylor, president of the club, said it receives around $500 annually from the college. This money is spent on club events, such as field trips to universities and bringing university advisors to ACC.

The Club has about 180 members, but not all are active.

“We want more people to come and learn with us about the transfer process,” Taylor said. “Anyone can become a member of the club — they just have to contact me or any other officer of the club.”

The club visited CU Boulder earlier in October, and will hold a luncheon on Oct. 28 in the library with an advisor from the University of Denver. This is an interactive lunch with free lunch and professionals present to resolve issues and answer transfer questions. Another university trip, scheduled for Nov. 13, will send students to visit to the Colorado School of Mines in Golden.

“All events are open to the public and membership in the Transfer Club is not necessary to participate,” Taylor said.

Trips and events are financed with the club money from ACC, but the officers and member also raise money to help cover the costs. For example, Taylor says that some of the officers will work the ACC Foundation’s Grapes to Grad fund-raiser on Nov. 12 and earn money.

Taylor invites all the students interested in transferring to a four-year university to become a member of the club. New members are welcome, she said. For more information or to join contact [email protected].