Great Places To Grab A Beer Near Campus

Image via Jaymes Grundmann

Bartender Christian Montiel, 26, shows off his shot pouring skills at The Brutal Poodle in Englewood, Colo., on Sunday, Sept. 8, 2019.

Jackass Hill Brewery

Founded by a group of childhood friends and Littleton natives, Jackass Hill Brewery is walking distance from Campus, right off of Main St. and Prince St. With their high quality signature craft beers and a beautiful outdoor patio overlooking the heart of Downtown Littleton, any visit to Jackass Hill Brewery is a memorable experience.

They’ve recently started serving lunch Monday-Friday, 11:30am-4:00pm and host Geeks Who Drink trivia night every Wednesday 8:00pm-10:00pm.

The Pint Room

Along with great burgers, The Pint Room easily offers the largest selection of high quality brews in the Downtown Littleton Area with over 100 beers on tap. They frequently host acoustic performances on their outdoor patio during dinner and offer $2.00 Off All Draft Beer, Well Drinks, and Wine, Monday-Friday, 300pm-6:00pm.

Ned Kelly’s Irish Pub

Located walking distance from campus on the corner of Sycamore St. and Main St., Ned Kellys is traditional Irish pub that offers affordable drinks, a large outdoor smoking patio, outgoing bar patrons and lively events throughout the week.

Students on a budget can enjoy $2.00 PBR’s anytime, as well as any domestic draft for $2.50, Saturdays and Sundays, 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. If you’re musically inclined be sure to hit up karaoke every Wednesday and Friday at 9:30pm and if you don’t feel like singing you can always catch the live music every Saturday.

The Brutal Poodle

Despite it being a 7 minute drive from ACC, I felt that it needed to make the list due to the delectable food and excellent customer service that lie within. The Brutal Poodle was founded in 2017 by members of hometown heavy metal heroes Son Survivor.

Along with a wide array of local brews, The Brutal Poodle offers a unique delicacies like Surf N Turf Rellenos and their signature gourmet Mac N Cheese covered with Flaming Hot Cheeto dust. If you’re a metalhead be sure to rock out at their Headbanger Karaoke every Tuesday at 9:30 p.m.

Platte River Bar and Grill

Located on South Santa Fe in Littleton Colo. this bar and grill has spent years becoming a staple for those who enjoy the night life. Platte River Bar and Grill features nightly happenings such as Poker night, trivia and Wing Wednesday. Speaking of food, not only does this place have an extensive menu of burgers and Mexican food, but also salads, wraps, and even a kids menu.