Sheridan Celebrates Ignites Social Life in Colorado

Image via Jennifer Nguyen

Sheridan high school students gather together before the parade posing for a picture in front of their booth.

Sheridan Town Hall overlooked a crowd of people while tents were huddled together to show off the small businesses in the yard. Sheridan citizens danced to live music, ate tasty popcorn, and had a blast at Sheridan Celebrates after a parade on Sept. 24.

Bei

ng the 32nd Annual Sheridan Celebrates, many people have a multitude of emotions when it comes to this event. 

In an email exchange with Jean Ray, the Sheridan Celebrates Event Coordinator, she stated, “Established in 1990, Sheridan Celebrates continues to commemorate the founding of the City of Sheridan in 1890.”

In a Zoom meeting, Ray said, “people can feel good about living in Sheridan.” 

This event was a time for the community to relearn how to gather. Sheridan Celebrates held a lot of people eager to reconnect with people since the pandemic withheld social interaction. Sheridan’s last event in 2020 still went strong, despite the pandemic. They held a drive-thru parade in Sheridan High School and a drive-in concert. 

Judging by the laughter and dancing, it is clear that Sheridan Celebrates is for the community to heal, to grow, and to be joyous. If anyone has interest in participating in future Sheridan events, visit the Sheridan webpage for more information.