Through The Lens: Phi Theta Kappa Induction Ceremony

Back to Article
Back to Article

Phi Theta Kappa members and Arapahoe Community College faculty  pose on stage at the end of the PTK Induction Ceremony at Arapahoe Community College in Littleton, Colo., on Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2019.

Phi Theta Kappa members and Arapahoe Community College faculty pose on stage at the end of the PTK Induction Ceremony at Arapahoe Community College in Littleton, Colo., on Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2019.

Image via Jaymes Grundmann

Image via Jaymes Grundmann

Image via Jaymes Grundmann

Jaymes Grundmann, Editor-In-Chief

On Tuesday, Nov. 19, 2019, students and faculty gathered in Arapahoe Community College’s Warren Theater to celebrate this semester’s Phi Theta Kappa Induction Ceremony.

Established in 1918, Phi Theta Kappa is an International Honor’s Society meant to celebrate academic success within two-year colleges and provide thriving students with resources and scholarships.

ACC Business Professor and PTK Advisor, Adam Shelffo stated, “PTK offers students an opportunity to develop their leadership skills while serving others that have an impact on ACC, the community, and the world.”

One of the PTK inductees of the night, Everett Shockley, VP of Membership and Recruitment, was featured in a Faces of ACC article last semester that you can find here. For more information on PTK, visit www.ptk.org.