ACC Degree Showcase: Unraveling Higher-Education

In an effort to promote higher education to the larger community, ACC’s Student Recruitment and Outreach Office hosted its annual Degree Showcase event in the Summit room, on Wednesday, March 29.

By putting on a display of the many exciting programs and degrees available to students here at the college, the lively ceremony attracted a diverse group of current and prospective students, ambitious to learn how they can best reach their full academic potential.

Furnished with complimentary ACC back bags, arriving visitors were prompted to sign in and fill out raffle tickets to enter a drawing for two Scholarship giveaways, plus several gift cards.

On that sunny afternoon, once guests replenished their energy on catered sandwiches, the official proceedings continued in the Waring Theatre with a brief presentation by a few ACC representatives.  The address focused primarily on applying to ACC, attending school here, transfer options, and how best to finance a college education.

By and by, participants returned to the spacious Summit room, where rows of tables had been set up, showcasing information and various props from the many degrees attainable at ACC.  Faculty from each department guided inquisitive participants through a myriad of questions.

Taking to the podium more than once, Recruitment Specialist Richard Linsacum kept the crowd amiable as he held the raffle drawing for the gift cards and Scholarship giveaways. Not only did the evening turn out to be an enlightening occasion, but for a few fortunate guests, quite a lucrative one as well.

“We had a good showing — certainly more than last year!” confirmed Paxton Beresford, a Student Recruitment and Outreach Ambassador, majoring in Nursing.

With registration for the Summer and Fall semester now available online, students can choose from the nearly 100 degree and certificate programs ACC currently offers under the following guided pathways:

• Arts, Communication & Design
  • Business
  • Global, Human & Social Studies
  • Health
  • Math & Sciences
  • Public Services
  • Technology
  • Plus Certificates

To learn more about how ACC can put you on the path to fulfilling your academic (and career) goals, contact the Student Recruitment and Outreach Office for a plan tailored to your needs.

Whether unsure, unclear, or undecided, come and be inspired by the endless possibilities at ACC.