No Classes Tuesday, April 5

In case students thought it was an April Fools joke, Arapahoe Community College was under limited services on Tuesday, April 5, and classes were not held.

Tuesday, April 5 served as an Employee Professional Development Training day for all faculty and staff of ACC. In order to ease the logistics of this training day, classes were not held, but a majority of offices were still open, with some limitations.

From 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.,  nearly all faculty were in some form of meeting. Work Study and Part time employees manned the offices while the Employee Professional Development Training was going on.

Students looking to accomplish tasks at ACC were best suited to attempt them earlier in the day rather than later. April 4, was the opening of summer registration, and April 11 is the opening of fall registration, so students looking to speak with advisers should do that earlier as well. The ACC advising office will be open on Tuesday for normal hours, but most, if not all counselors will be in training from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Students looking to study for the current semester during their free day from school were still welcome in the library, as it remained open on Tuesday during normal hours. The campus still had its coffee to lean on, as the Espresso Yourself Café was also be open on Tuesday during normal hours.

Other departments that remained open during Tuesday’s Professional Development Training included: The Cashiers Office; the Early Childhood Development Center, and the Community Education office and all of their Tuesday classes, which were also opened and in session for their normal hours.

Students seeking other information about campus closures and office hours during the Professional Development Day could contact the office directly or contact the campus’ direct number.