30-minute workshops offer strategies for Success

Knowing how to study is critical for students to succeed throughout the semester, especially with mid-term exams on the horizon. The Student Success Center offers several workshops to help students succeed in their course work.

The first workshop held this semester was dedicated to teaching students how to develop better study habits.

The Success Center suggested studying smarter, not harder. Some helpful tips they gave included avoiding pitfalls like negative emotions and laziness. They suggested good study tips such as setting goals, keeping a calendar and budgeting time for each class.

The Success Center provided several handouts to the attendees. These handouts are intended to help students find greater success in their studying. One such handout was a simple one page day planner. This planner helps facilitate better study habits by keeping students organized. Another supplement encourages students to take an active-learning approach when studying all subjects. The active-learning approach stresses the making of outlines and deciding what’s important to note during class.

The workshops held at the Student Success Center are sure to provide students with valuable strategies for success. Click here for a list of scheduled workshops for this semester.