Phi Theta Kappa – Honoring ACC’s Best

ACC’s Honor Society has more to offer students than just a title. Phi Theta Kappa, the International Honor Society for two year colleges, is a program that provides several scholarships to members.

“When you join PTK you are able to apply for over 37 million dollars in scholarships that are only available to members,” said Isa Adney, in her blog post “5 Reasons to Join Phi Theta Kappa”

All Arapahoe Community College students are eligible to be a part of the Honor Society if they have a 3.5 GPA or higher, have completed 12 or more credit hours, and if they have a declared degree or certificate program.

Although there is a cost to becoming a part of Phi Theta Kappa, it’s a lifetime membership. This membership will not only provide several scholarship opportunities at four year schools, it will also provide opportunities to work with students who have similar goals in mind and want to help their community as well as the world at large.

Many students may be uncertain as what to expect when joining Phi Theta Kappa and whether or not they would fit in with the club.

“To my surprise, the chapter was not filled with a bunch of nerds or snobby scholars; the group was very diverse and included students from all walks of life,” said Tamara, a Phi Theta Kappa member, in her article “Phi Theta Kappa Provides Scholarships and so Much More!”

There are also special discounts offered to those who are a part of PTK. The GEICO discount that is offered helps members save money on car insurance.

For those who already belong to Phi Theta Kappa, the PTK’s Honors Institute will be held June 20-25, 2016, at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.

“Established in 1968 and hosted each June on a four-year college campus, the event annually draws an attendance of approximately 500 members and advisors from across the globe,” said Phi Theta Kappa’s website about the Honors Institute.

For more information about ACC’s Phi Theta Kappa, click here