Spring class offers opportunity for more intensive math instruction — and questions

If math is not your strongest subject, you may want to take advantage of a new mathematics program being offered at ACC this Spring.

Math 093 is specifically designed to help students improve their mathematical skills.

The class will be paired with college algebra as a means to help students complete math classes within one semester instead of two.

The class is a lab and will be held in session for one hour after college algebra classes so that students may have time to work on homework as well as receive assistance from the instructors.

This class is formulated to help students improve their math skills while providing them an opportunity to ask more questions. It should help any students who must improve their math scores as a pre-requisite for enrollment in other courses.

Admittance to the course will mostly depend on a student’s placement test scores. If students scored low on their math placement tests, this course will be an advantageous aid. Or if a student is enrolled developmental math courses, this class should undoubtedly be of aid.

If you are interested in this course, you are encouraged to contact Danielle Staples (who will be teaching the course offered in the Spring) or Heidi Barrett, who will be the instructors. Most students will need to obtain a signature for enrollment in the course. If this is the case, you can visit Patricia Anderson, the Department Chair, or contact her at 303-979-5840.