eLearning: a valuable resource for ACC students and staff

Calling all students, faculty, staff, and members of the ACC community: all are welcome to stop by the eLearning department located on the first floor of the main building at the Littleton campus in room M1710. Open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, eLearning is the place to go for one-on-one training and assistance with the D2L learning management system and the MyACC portal.

Are you going to be a new student this fall? Our team at eLearning highly recommends that you visit prior to your semester starting to receive training on how to navigate Desire2Learn and other web applications. No appointment is necessary, so come on in at your convenience and we guarantee that you will leave feeling much more confident and ready to succeed!

Teachers, do you need help building your course shell or just want a refresher on some useful online skills? No problem! The highly experienced instructional designers at eLearning are happy to help.

In addition to the personal, face-to-face help that eLearning provides, there are also printed guides, manuals, and step-by-step instructions that students and faculty can take with them if they don’t have time for a training session. Online webinars can be accessed easily from home or on the go by signing up through the D2L system. The webinars will be advertised in the news section, so be sure to watch for these notifications.

If you have a quick question that needs to be answered ASAP, feel free to send an email to: [email protected] or call the eLearning front desk at: 303-797-5080. One of our friendly work studies will do their best to answer your question or will transfer you to the most qualified person available. Further information can be found by going to: www.arapahoe.edu, moving your cursor to the “Current Students” section, and clicking on the link that says “Online Learning.” An abundance of practical resources for students and staff can be found on our page as well as FAQs and tips for succeeding in online courses.

The main goals of eLearning are to make learning and education universally accessible to everyone by realizing each individual student’s needs. It is the department’s mission to promote the knowledge of ACC’s web tools while fostering a nurturing and welcoming instructional environment.

Through the captioning of educational YouTube videos posted by ACC’s professors, transcription of audio lectures, and accessibility checks of D2L course shells, eLearning makes a positive difference in the lives of students with low vision and hearing.

Widespread accessibility in education is a difficult task to complete because there are so many areas of learning that have to be accounted for, especially in the digital age. But it is something that the eLearning staff takes very seriously and will continue to work on to give each and every student at ACC the quality education they deserve.