Student Life is hosting a Consent Carnival on Thursday, April 21

On Thursday, April 21, ACC’s Student Life will host a Consent Carnival to raise awareness of the importance of asking for consent. The Carnival will last from 11:00 am. till 2:00 p.m., and will be in the Second Floor Atrium at ACC’s Littleton Campus.

The Event will be an interactive and informative event, where participants will gain a better understanding of consent. Several colleges around the country have housed similar Consent Carnivals where students are instructed on how to navigate sexual encounters and, more important, the qualification of proper consent, which should be affirmative, coherent and willing.

The Consent Carnival is part of the outstanding support ACC is showing to Sexual Assault Awareness-to-Action Month. ACC is hosting several great events and displays to show their support for SAAM, and ACC’s Arapahoe Pinnacle will be on hand to cover a majority of them, so check in routinely to see this month’s various activities.

Sexual Assault Awareness-to-Action Month is a public campaign by the National Sexual Violence Resource Center. The campaign is aimed to raise awareness about sexual assault and to educate the public on how to prevent sexual violence. Starting in the 1980s the SAAM was only a week in April, but by 2001, April was national observed as Sexual Assault Awareness Month.

For more information on the Consent Carnival, check out ACC’s Student Life who has information on all the events supporting SAAM. Unable to stop by the office? Email [email protected] for more information or call 303-797-5668.